Pediatric Cushings Disease
Our patient is a 12-year-old boy with Cushing's disease. Discussion of unique diagnostic and treatment challenges in Cushing's disease in childhood.
1. Batista D, Courkoutsakis NA, Oldfield EH, Griffin KJ, Keil M, Patronas NJ, Stratakis CA. Detection of adrenocorticotropin-secreting pituitary adenomas by magnetic resonance imaging in children and adolescents with cushing disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2005;90:5134- 5140.
2. Batista DL, Oldfield EH, Keil MF, Stratakis CA. Postoperative testing to predict recurrent Cushing disease in children. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2009;94:2757 -2765. PMCID 2730862
3. Batista DL, Riar J, Keil M, Stratakis CA. Diagnostic tests for children who are referred for the investigation of Cushing syndrome. Pediatrics 2007;120:e575- 586.
4. Chan LF, Storr HL, Grossman AB, Savage MO. Pediatric Cushing's syndrome: clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment. Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 2007;51:1261- 1271.
5. Lodish MB, Sinaii N, Patronas N, Batista DL, Keil M, Samuel J, Moran J, Verma S, Popovic J, Stratakis CA. Blood pressure in pediatric patients with Cushing syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2009;94:2002-2008. PMCID 2690429
6. Savage MO, Storr HL, Chan LF, Grossman AB. Diagnosis and treatment of pediatric Cushing's disease. Pituitary 2007;10:365-371.
iCase of the Month also available at iTunes U